McMaster is located in Hamilton, Ontario – the fifth largest city in Ontario, and about a 45-minute drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. Hamilton is a vast multicultural city that is an urban and industrial centre and offers a variety of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities. Our 300 acres main campus, bordered by the Royal Botanical Gardens, is considered to be one of the most attractive in Canada. The architecture offers a harmonious blend of the traditional with the ultra-modern.
- Home to more than 68 Canada Research Chairs, and 80 research centres and institutes.
- More than 200,000 alumni living in over 160 countries.
- Ranked in the world’s Top 75 by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings.
- The only North American host site of a United Nations university.
- Interdisciplinary learning is a hallmark of McMaster.