McMaster is located in Hamilton, Ontario – the fifth largest city in Ontario – and about a 45-minute drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. Hamilton is a vast multicultural city that is an urban and industrial centre and offers a variety of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities. Our 300-acre main campus, bordered by the Royal Botanical Gardens, is considered to be one of the most attractive in Canada. The architecture offers a harmonious blend of the traditional with the ultra-modern.
- Home to 86 Canada Research Chairs, and approx. 80 research centres and institutes.
- More than 200,000 alumni living in over 160 countries.
- Ranked in the world’s Top 85 by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings.
- The only North American host site of a United Nations university.
- Interdisciplinary learning is a hallmark of McMaster.