Residences and Meal Plans
The following 2023-2024 residence fees are charged per term. The fees are subject to increase for 2024-2025.
Single Room: $4,256.54
Student Activity Fee: $12
Total: $8,513.08 for 8 months
Double Room: $3,971.10
Student Activity Fee: $12
Total: $7,942.20 for 8 months
Brantford campus residences are 100% apartment-style. The apartments are co-ed by floor and include single-gender apartments and a mix of single and double rooms. Mixed-gender housing options are also available.
What's Residence Like?
- Single or double (shared) rooms
- 2 to 7 students per apartment
- Furnished bedroom, living room and kitchen
- Shared washroom(s) in apartment
Brantford campus residences are situated in new and newly renovated buildings, some with heritage designations that date as far back as 1870. Authentic restorations have allowed for modern amenities, such as wireless internet access, while maintaining aspects of historical charms, such as cornerstones, mouldings and 3-foot window sills.
All our residences are apartment-style, which means you have a kitchen in your unit so you can prepare your own meals. Our residences are co-ed and 80% feature single rooms.
- Common community spaces and lounges
- Mixed-gender housing options
- Laundry facilities
- Secure, controlled access
- Upper-year students who provide mentorship and academic and social supports
- Live-in staff as part of Residence Life programming
- Internet service included
- Residence council available to all first-year students living in residence
- Roommate requests accepted
- Residence Learning Communities and Learning Clusters
Accessibility in Residence
Students who require special consideration in the room assignment process based on a documented medical need or disability must submit a completed Residence Disability and Medical Verification form as part of their application. Forms will be reviewed to determine if any housing accommodations need to be considered when finalizing room placements.
We guarantee residence to all undergraduate students attending a postsecondary institution for the first time. Residence applications must be received before June 3, 2024, at 11:59 pm.
While Laurier endeavours to honour its residence guarantee, the University is not liable for any failure or delay in providing residential accommodation when such failure arises out of any cause or causes beyond its reasonable control. Learn more about our Residence Guarantee.
A $600 non-refundable residence deposit is required when you submit your online residence application.
Residence students at our Brantford campus must participate in a mandatory convenience meal plan that allows them to use their Laurier OneCard (student card) at a number of on-campus and downtown food venues, and at FreshCo, a grocery store just a 5-minute walk from campus.
Brantford Campus Meal Plans
There are 3 meal plan options that come with different convenience dollars per term. Convenience dollars can be used at the local grocery store, the Stedman Community Bookstore and a number of restaurants in Brantford. You have the duration of your time as a Laurier student to use the money in your account.
|Meal Plan Option||Amount Per Term||Total|
Places to use your OneCard in Brantford
- Stedman Community Bookstore (RCW)
- Golden Grounds Coffee (RCW)
- Boston Pizza (50 Market Street)
- FreshCo Grocery Store (50 Market Street)
- Sunset Grill (50 Market Street)
- The Works Burger Bistro (80 Dalhousie Street)
- Gino's Pizza (63 Brant Avenue)
- Nine North Viet Thai Cuisine (85 Dalhousie Street)
- And more, locations are subject to change annually
- Phone 519-756-8228, ext. 5805
- Email email@example.com