Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
Academic Skills Resources
- Offering in-person and online instruction and resources in writing and the study skills required for success at university. These include:
- Grammar and composition
- Critical reading and thinking
- Listening and note-taking
- Time management
- Essay writing
- Science writing and laboratory reports
- Research and citation
- Exam preparation
- Academic Skills Resources - Peterborough Campus
- Academic Skills Resources - Durham GTA Campus
- Supports your career development through free appointments, workshops, online resources and opportunities to connect with employers and recruiters.
- Careerspace - Peterborough Campus
- Careerspace - Durham GTA Campus
- Trent Counselling Services offers confidential, individual therapy appointments and crisis counselling, and group drop-in workshops for students interested in accessing emotional and mental health support from counsellors.
- Counselling Services - Peterborough Campus
- Counselling Services - Durham GTA Campus
- Online resources to help you navigate building your timetable.
- Course Registration - Peterborough Campus
- Course Registration - Durham GTA Campus
First Peoples House of Learning (Indigenous Student Resources)
- Cultural services and supports for a diverse community of Indigenous learners (First Nations Status, Non-Status, Métis and Inuit).
- Offers a collaboration with students to support academic success, personal development and leadership potential.
- First Peoples House of Learning - Peterborough Campus
- First Peoples House of Learning - Durham GTA Campus
- Academic and social integration sessions for all incoming students.
- Specialized sessions and partnerships with Academic Skills, Colleges, First Peoples House of Learning and Trent International.
- With the use of an online app, upper-year students act as peer mentors.
- Peterborough Orientation
- Durham GTA Orientation
Peer Supports and Academic Mentoring
- Exploring services and resources on campus
- Discovering strategies for success
- One-on-one mentoring
- Study groups
- Peer Supports and Academic Mentoring - Peterborough Campus
- Peer Supports and Academic Mentoring - Durham GTA Campus
Student Accessibility Services
- Individualized accommodation planning and advising.
- Referrals to on- and off-campus services and supports.
- Consultation to students, faculty and staff on disability, accessibility and accommodation matters.
- Student Accessibility Services - Peterborough Campus
- Student Accessibility Services - Durham GTA Campus
- Supporting international students with academic advising, housing, finances, health insurance, cultural transition, immigration and many other challenges.
- Workshops and advising to support the hundreds of international students who choose to study at Trent each year.