Offers of Admission
Basic Requirements for Admission
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- A minimum of six grade 12U/M level courses (excluding co-op), including English (ENG4U)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency if English is not your first language
- All your completed and in-progress grade 11U/M level courses
- Requirements specific to your program (required courses or supplementary forms)
Failed and Repeated Courses
If you have 2 repeats, we'll take the highest of the 2. If you have 3 or more repeats, we will take the average of your attempts.
Midterm and Final Grades
- If you do not have a grade in a prerequisite course, don't worry. We will review your application based on a combination of Grade 11 and Grade 12 grades available at the time of each offer round (provided your application is showing enrollment in prerequisite courses).
- You can log into your OUAC account to confirm proper submission of your grades and enrollment information.
- If you are registered to take a course outside of your home school, make sure it is a Ministry-accredited and approved school that offers the same rigorous curriculum and level of instruction as your high school. Grades must be reported through the OUAC.
Timing and Process for Admission Decisions
For Ontario Secondary School Students, we give offers in rounds from December to May. We will review your application in every single round.
We will use the combination of grade 11 and/or grade 12 grades we have available at the time of each offer round.
Typically, the last offer round is around mid-May. There is no disadvantage to getting an offer in the last round, so don't worry if you don't hear back early.
Western's Main Campus does not have automatic alternative offers of admission. If you wish to be considered for more than 1 program, list each program as a separate choice on your OUAC application.