University of Guelph
About the University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is one of Canada’s top universities, recognized for the high quality of its teaching, research and outstanding facilities. Engaged in a wide variety of academic programs, Guelph's more than 30,000 students thrive on the cutting edge of their fields.
The beautiful main campus of 412 hectares is approximately 1 hour's drive west of Toronto and includes a 165-hectare arboretum and a 12-hectare Research Park.
- 30,040 students from 135+ countries call our campus home.
- More than 5,000 students live in residence, the largest residence system in Ontario.
- We are the Guelph Gryphons and our colours are red, gold and black.
- We offer 19 intramurals, 20 varsity teams, 22 sports clubs and more than 200 student clubs and organizations.
- More than 4,000 on-campus part-time jobs are available.
- More than 173,000 alumni reside in 160 countries.
- Our students are among the most satisfied students in the country.
- Number 1 in Canada for total research dollars – the University of Guelph's research enterprise supports $163-million worth of research programs.
- More than $146 million in research funding – the University of Guelph receives more in annual research funding than any other university in Canada without a medical school.
- Our outstanding library system provides access to more than 7.5 million items.
- You can participate in 1 of over 100 study abroad programs in 34 countries.