University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Toronto – Scarborough
- English-language development for students whose first language is not English.
First Year Learning Communities
- The First Year Learning Communities Program is a registered program that groups you with other students by your program of study to help you find a sense of community within your academic programs or shared identities. Available for first-year Arts and Science students.
First Year Learning Integration Program (FLIP) for Management Students
- FLIP is for incoming Bachelor of Business Administration students looking to get a head start in their first year. We have a great program lined up for you. This is a free program open to all first-year Management students.
First Year Transition Program: Summer StartUp
- AccessAbility Services offers a summer transition program and monthly Traction Sessions to support incoming students with disabilities. This immersive program aims to help students in navigating their first year at the University of Toronto Scarborough, as well as build academic and learning strategies that are beneficial in university, such as reading, note-taking and time management.
- An engaging and interactive virtual academic orientation hosted by the Academic Advising & Career Centre to help you transition to studies at the University of Toronto Scarborough.
Math & Statistics Learning Centre
- Aims to improve your proficiency in various subjects of mathematics and statistics.
Next Steps to Inclusive Excellence
- Provides resources as you prepare for the fall of your first year at U of T Scarborough.
Self-guided Online Learning Resources
- Take advantage of our self-guided online learning resources to prepare for your first-year courses.
- Modules include: