University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Waterloo
- Designs and facilitates academic accommodation plans if you have a permanent, temporary or suspected disability.
- Removes barriers and builds your capacity for personal success by working with you, your instructor and others to ensure your accommodation plan is successfully implemented.
- Provides confidential primary medical care and mental health services using an inclusive, connected and collaborative approach.
- A fun opportunity to connect with your classmates, experience the unique traditions of Waterloo and your faculty, get familiar with your new community and learn more about what Waterloo has to offer.
- We offer programming and events for international students.
- Parents and supporters are invited to a live chat as part of Waterloo Ready.
- Our parent and supporter guide offers tips for parents about what to expect when their child starts university.
- A monthly email newsletter is available for parents and supporters of first-year students.
- Your UWaterloo life is just 1 click away. Find all the resources and supports you need to be successful at UWaterloo.
- The road to success isn’t a straight line. The Student Success Office provides resources to help you reach your goals.
- Boost your academic skills with peer success coaching, Warrior study halls and online learning resources.
- Lead with confidence and build more than just your resumé with the Student Leadership Program.
- Feel at home in Canada with the international peer community and free immigration consulting.
- Connect to the world through an international exchange.
- Waterloo Ready is a transition program for new Waterloo students.
- It gives you the opportunity to connect with other students, learn insider tips and access resources to successfully navigate your first year – and all before the school year begins!
- Appointments, online workshops, English conversation circles and more to help you work through all stages of the communication process.