Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
Black Excellence at York University (BE YU)
- BE YU provides Black students with supports to transition to university and maximize their student experience on the path to graduation.
- Through workshops, specialized events, mentoring, academic advising and more, BE YU champions the academic, professional and personal success of York’s Black student community.
Career Education & Development
- Access workshops, programs, one-on-one appointments, networking events, career fairs, an online job board and other resources to help you clarify career goals and find professional opportunities up until 2 years after graduation.
Centre for Indigenous Student Services (CISS)
- CISS provides a safe community space that offers culturally appropriate support services and programming to a diverse Indigenous student population, helping to facilitate your success throughout your postsecondary studies.
- Community Safety works closely with other departments and community partners to maintain safe and inclusive campuses through the goSAFE program, Emergency Preparedness, Security Services and the York U Safety App.
Student Accessibility Services
- Student Accessibility Services provides support and accommodations to students living with mental health, physical, sensory, medical and/or learning disabilities (who might have had an individualized education plan in high school).
- Pre-University/Transition Programs help students with disabilities, their families and educators plan and prepare for the transition from high school to postsecondary.
Student Community & Leadership Development (SCLD)
- SCLD is here to help you get the most out of your university experience. SCLD offers an array of tools, guidance, programs and workshops to ensure your growth and engagement in student life.
- You will find first-year orientation programming, student organizations, community building events and leadership development workshops.
Student Counselling, Health & Well-being
- Student Counselling, Health & Well-being offers walk-in counselling, education and counselling groups, workshops, crisis support, mental health consultation and community referrals.
- York’s 3 Writing Centres offer in-person and online one-on-one writing support, English as a Second Language (ESL) support, disability support, workshops and group sessions.
- York International will help you gain valuable international experience and enrich your education. Global learning opportunities include study abroad, summer programs, exchanges, work abroad, research abroad and more.
- York's 5 libraries offer you a wealth of in-person and online learning resources and support, and 3,300+ quiet or collaborative study spaces.
- Visit the Learning Commons for help with learning skills, ESL, library research, writing and career planning supports.
- Access the Student Papers & Academic Research Kit (SPARK) for support with online research, writing and critical skills development.
- YU Connect helps you find out what is happening on campus, connects you with student organizations and enables you to track your involvement in co-curricular activities.
- YU Prep is a series of online modules and workshops designed for incoming first-year students, developed and taught by York University instructors and student services professionals.
- Modules are open to students of any program and provide a mix of academic instruction, skill-building and personal development opportunities. Choose subjects that support your interests and individual learning goals.
- YU START is an award-winning transition program for new students that supports you as you make your way into and through your first year at York. You will enroll in courses, connect with fellow classmates and student leaders, become familiar with campus resources, and sign up for orientation activities.